1. Wake up in the last third of the night to beg forgiveness from Allah(GOD).
2. At least once in a while, seclude yourself from people in order to contemplate.
3. Stay in the company of the righteous.
4. Remember Allah often.
6. Recite the Book of Allah(GOD) with understanding and reflection.
7. Fast on a hot, dry day. (“He abandons his food, drink, and desire, all for Me.”)
8. Give charity secretly. (“Until the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand has spent.”)
9. Be as abstemious and abstinent as possible in this fleeting world.